Banking company reduces response times by monitoring its mobile application.
Company in the banking sector with great presence in Latin America as a financial support entity, offering customers the following services: bank accounts, payroll and credit, in its digital transformation process initiated a project to launch the mobile platform so that its users can process through it, open accounts and check balances without standing in line at physical branches.
They chose Splunk as an ally in the monitoring of their virtual platform and in which they achieved:
- Rapid discovery of IT infrastructure failures.
- Counting simultaneous clients in the app.
- Complete overview of failed transactions.
They identified the need for monitoring to obtain traceability of the entire operation cycle in the application, allowing to highlight failures, trends and achieve appropriate metrics to the operation in real time for proactive decision making.
It was necessary to adapt monitoring for the infrastructure that would have an agile impact on card monitoring and improve the end-user experience.
- Visibility of service health through fully customized dashboards.
- Development of a specialized module to search by criteria and by user, as well as the transactions performed by the user.
- Incident reduction through discovery and trending.
- Reports for each module of the operation.
- Database component monitoring.
- Reduction of hardware error investigation time.
Integrated Data Sources
- Windows server logs
- Linux server logs
- Database logs
- Application logs
Results and achievements
They have several layers integrated within their core; therefore, visibility was not detailed, and search times were long. With Splunk, a reduction in error search times was achieved through an accurate visualization of failures, thus reducing investigation times among the areas involved in the process, through the design of dashboards and fully customized alerts detailing the health status of its infrastructure. This allows you to make proactive decisions and react in time to any eventuality that could affect the end user experience.